Changes
Well, I had said that Bob got a new job in his hometown and that we are looking for a house. We think we found one! We have made an offer on it, but we have to wait to see if the seller accepts it or not. (And, sorry AbbyMo, it is not in your hometown). We are looking at a house in the town where Bob will be teaching since it is a lot closer to both of our parents and families.
Of course, the only problem is that the school that I currently teach at is 50-55 minutes away from the house we have made an offer for. I've decided that if I don't get any other job, that I'll drive the 50 minutes to work each day. We just really want to live close to home. Me driving 50-55 minutes will not be any worse on the environment than if we'd live in the middle of our two jobs and we both drove 25-30 minutes. So, I guess I can deal with that fact.
Regardless, I am looking for a new job. I just had an interview at a much closer school today. I think it went fairly well, but I don't think it was as strong as some of my other interviews (and I didn't even get THOSE jobs!) So, I am just hoping for the best, but I'm not counting on it :(
Of course, the only problem is that the school that I currently teach at is 50-55 minutes away from the house we have made an offer for. I've decided that if I don't get any other job, that I'll drive the 50 minutes to work each day. We just really want to live close to home. Me driving 50-55 minutes will not be any worse on the environment than if we'd live in the middle of our two jobs and we both drove 25-30 minutes. So, I guess I can deal with that fact.
Regardless, I am looking for a new job. I just had an interview at a much closer school today. I think it went fairly well, but I don't think it was as strong as some of my other interviews (and I didn't even get THOSE jobs!) So, I am just hoping for the best, but I'm not counting on it :(

6 Comments:
At 3:08 PM ,
Abby said...
From experience, I can say that a 50 minute drive isn't convenient, but you get used to it quick. I drove from VW to Bluffton and from VW to Ft. Wayne, and it doesn't seem so bad once you get used to it, especially if it means you get to live where you like :) I hope it goes well for you!
At 9:22 AM ,
Christina said...
That's so exciting. I hope something becomes available for you! Doesn't it make you so anxious to find out if your offer has been accepted? Then you have all of the fun paperwork :-) My advice is just to make sure you get a fixed loan, so your rates won't change on you. Variable rates are often more attractive because you can get a lower monthly payment, but they can change dramatically (like thousands of dollars) year to year.
At 6:44 PM ,
Maria said...
good luck with all these major life decisions :) I have a couple years to go before I have to make them! And I am glad you are still thinking about the environment! Perry taught us well.
At 10:28 AM ,
abby said...
It's too bad that you won't be living in my hometown, but as long as you are still living close to me that is OK with me. I hope I can keep visiting you when I go home to see my parents. good luck on the job search. Is Bob still helping out with that NB baseball? It would be close now.
At 8:10 AM ,
Laura said...
No, Bob isn't doing the NB baseball this summer. He is a little too busy with planning for a new job, taking care of a new baby, and looking to buy a house that we might need to remodel a little.
At 2:37 PM ,
Suzanna said...
That's exciting about the house. I agree with Abby that you get used to the drive (I had to do that long of a drive during student teaching last year,) but with gas prices I'm even considering my 30 minute commute not the greatest! Good luck with it all!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home