Update
Trevor seems to be getting a lot better. Horray! I don't want to jinx him, but he's really made a massive improvement since Monday. I've switched him over to formula so that his diet is more consistent than it was while I was nursing him. It just seemed that any little thing I ate besides plain chicken and water really irritated his stomach and made him miserable. So, lately he has been much happier, and I have been much happier as a result of his happiness.
Well, I have been home for six weeks now. It has went really fast. If I would have taken a normal length maternity leave, I would be returning to work this week. Sometimes I wish I was returning to work now, because being at home gets old after a while and I miss my students. Also, I am too much of a control freak, and I wish I could still control every part of my classroom so things get done the way I want them to be done. I just feel like my students need me...but they probably don't. It is nice to be home with Trevor though too, and since the school year is almost over, it wouldn't be worth it to go back this school year.
Well, I have been home for six weeks now. It has went really fast. If I would have taken a normal length maternity leave, I would be returning to work this week. Sometimes I wish I was returning to work now, because being at home gets old after a while and I miss my students. Also, I am too much of a control freak, and I wish I could still control every part of my classroom so things get done the way I want them to be done. I just feel like my students need me...but they probably don't. It is nice to be home with Trevor though too, and since the school year is almost over, it wouldn't be worth it to go back this school year.

3 Comments:
At 7:22 PM ,
Maria said...
I am so glad to hear Trevor is getting better!
So are you up for a road trip to PA?
At 5:50 AM ,
Rebekah said...
My mom says it so much that now I'm saying it, but enjoy kids when they're little because they grow up fast.
At 9:50 PM ,
Suzanna said...
I'm glad Trevor's better and I'm glad you took a longer than usual maternity leave - good for you! I understand what you mean about thinking your kids need you...I've felt the same way when I had to miss for swim meets. Oh, and I teach 2nd-4th grade (from your question on my blog :)!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home