Laura

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Acid Reflux Monster

Well, Trevor has been attacked by the big, bad, mean acid reflux monster. Last Friday, he cried and cried and cried. We could not get him to settle down at all when he was awake, and it was hard as can be to get him to sleep. Finally, we took him to the urgent care children's hospital in Dayton. They said he either had colic or acid reflux. On Monday he went to our pediatrician, and he has acid reflux. Basically, his partly digested food and stomach acid are coming back up to his throat and burning all the way up. It causes him to be in terrible pain, and he cries out inconsolably to let us know about it. The good news is that he should outgrow it at least by one year of age. The bad news is that he has to deal with it until then. He is on medication currently, but he has some days that are still bad.

Please pray for him so he will not have to feel this pain anymore :(

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    Awww...poor baby Trevor. I'm sure it's hard for you and Bob to watch him be in any pain. Fortunately, it's something pretty common and treatable and hopefully he will outgrow it...But I will definately pray for baby Trevor. (Sorry for some reason I feel the need to call him "baby Trevor" instead of just "Trevor." ) I still can't wait to meet him! I just hope he's not too old by the time I do!

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger Maria said...

    I am so sorry to hear about Trevor's health! Poor baby! (literally!) I'll keep him in my prayers...as well as the new parents who have to deal with all the crying. My little sister was colic, I remember those days....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home