37 Weeks Pregnant - Only 3 more to go!




I am now 37 weeks pregnant, and the baby is considered full term at this point. My due date is not actually for 3 more weeks though. I now go to the doctor weekly so they can monitor things very closely. Today I had an appointment, and the doctor said that they baby has moved down into the birth canal and is sitting very low. She was actually quite surprised by how far down the baby has moved, but she said that was a good thing since it will prepare my body for labor even more. She explained that it also means that the baby could be born at any time now. I asked if that meant the baby would be born early, and she responded, "Well, it could be born 10 minutes from now, or it still might take 3 weeks. It is all up to God from here." I really liked how she explained this process. Really, pregnancy and waiting for the birth of the baby is totally out of my control. It is hard for me since I like to be in control of things, but it is really teaching me that God knows best and all things happen in HIS time - rather than in mine.
Regardless, we are very excited about the baby! It won't be long now! I still have so much I want to get done before the birth though, so I need to work on things. My maternity substitute plans are still not quite finished. I keep telling myself that I still have time, but we'll have to see about that :)

5 Comments:
At 7:00 PM ,
Abby said...
I am so excited for you and Bob! I can't wait to see where your life goes from here :)
At 7:35 AM ,
Jo said...
i'm so excited, someone has to email me when the baby comes, cause i don't think blogging will be high on your list of priorities, I love babies there so precious, hope everything goes smoothly!
At 7:19 PM ,
Maria said...
I am excited too! How quickly time flies. It seems like I just found out you were pregnant a month ago, and now the baby is coming! You probably feel the same way too. Please communicate with us somehow when the baby comes!
At 7:00 AM ,
abby said...
Wow - that is so exciting!! I know you too will be great parents! God is sooo good!!
At 10:35 PM ,
Rebekah said...
I love these pictures, congratulations. Wow, you could be having a baby now!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home