Laura

Monday, January 23, 2006

Toasters

After just 1 and 1/2 years of marriage, one would think my toaster would still work. However, it does not. It sometimes pops up way too early, and the toast is still just bread, or it does not pop up at all (and if you forget about it, you get a very ugly poptart). The moral of the story is...do not ever buy a Black-N-Decker toaster.

Now, does anyone know of a brand of toaster that actually works?

Meanwhile, school is going well. I'm beginning to think of what I should have my substitute do during my maternity leave. It is hard to know what to have her do since I don't even know what I'm doing myself next month. I'm debating between having her teach a novel or work out of the textbook. The textbook might be easier because there is a teacher's edition that she could use for a resource, but the novel might also be better since it can last for several weeks. Anyway, I start birthing classes next month, which I am hoping will ease my nerves about the whole delivery process. The thought of the baby actually coming out of me is fairly intimidating. And, I also get to learn how to breastfeed, which should be a lot of fun to learn. So, I'm 29 1/2 weeks along, and the baby is due in 10 and 1/2 weeks. When can I begin to panic?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    I bought you that toaster and you're announcing on your blog that it's junk??? I'm just kidding! I didn't buy you a toaster...
    I just went to see what our toaster is and it's a black and decker and it's still going strong...so I don't have advice as to which brand to buy, sorry. As far as deliver-I have no advice about that either, except good luck!! (And get the epidural!)

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    In my opinion, toasters are very tempremental, especially when pop tarts are concerned. The brand new toaster my parents have at home still burn my pop tarts..

    And the thought of giving birth is so far off for me (obviously) that I can't even imagine what you are going through! Good luck with everything!!

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    I go with Abby have an epidural theres natural delivery and NATURAL delivery!! I am sure at the time there won't even be chance to panic! Can't help you with the toaster thing i'm afraid you probably haven't even heard of the make of mine!

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    I actually got 2 toasters for my bridal shower. I guess I took the wrong one back, but I know none of you got me one of them.

     
  • At 12:30 PM , Blogger abby said...

    Say no to drugs! (That's a lot easier to me to say though because I don't have a human being about to pop out of any orafices currently.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home