Settling back into routine
Well, after two days being back at school, I can tell that the break rejuvinated my spirits. It was quite strange. I loved being at work both yesterday and today. It seems that my students have suddenly become more wise and patient. Or maybe I am the one that has become more patient. For 2 days straight my "hyper-active" student has controlled himself fairly well, and I've only had to remind him once to settle down and maintain composure. In addition, my students have a big project due tomorrow, and 7 (out of about 75) turned it in early. That may not seem like a big deal, but the 7 people that turned it in early did an amazing job!
Also, my principal has to observe my teaching 3 times this year and write up formal evaluations of how I am doing since it is my first year. (It is a state requirement). So, he observed me twice before Christmas break, but he never said any type of comments to hint at how he thought I was doing with my job. I was pretty sure I was doing well, but I still wanted to know what he thought. Today, he finally scheduled a meeting with me to show me the evaluation he did of my teaching and to discuss it with me. To my relief, I found out that my principal loves my work! He said I was doing an "exceptional job." Yea! I guess that means I didn't make him too upset for getting pregnant during my first year of teaching :)
Also, my principal has to observe my teaching 3 times this year and write up formal evaluations of how I am doing since it is my first year. (It is a state requirement). So, he observed me twice before Christmas break, but he never said any type of comments to hint at how he thought I was doing with my job. I was pretty sure I was doing well, but I still wanted to know what he thought. Today, he finally scheduled a meeting with me to show me the evaluation he did of my teaching and to discuss it with me. To my relief, I found out that my principal loves my work! He said I was doing an "exceptional job." Yea! I guess that means I didn't make him too upset for getting pregnant during my first year of teaching :)

5 Comments:
At 6:04 PM ,
Abby said...
Laura,
I'm sure everything you do is exceptional! Keep up the good work :)
At 9:50 PM ,
Maria said...
I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! I knew you would be a great teacher.
At 2:05 PM ,
abby said...
good for you! I'm so glad that you found your calling.
At 12:37 AM ,
Jo said...
I do believe we are due the latest picture in the monthly diary of how big your getting!
At 6:50 PM ,
Abby said...
I agree...Let's see the pic!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home