Laura

Saturday, December 03, 2005

To know or not to know...



So, I'm about 5 months pregnant, and I'm having my second ultra sound Wednesday morning. During this ultra sound, the doctor will check the baby's development again and give us more cool pictures of him/her. In addition, we have the option of knowing the baby's gender. Now, we were planning on letting it be a surprise until the baby is born. However, we've recently been looking at baby items in stores and online, and I've found that a lot of the neutral colored clothing and nursery decor is somewhat unattractive. Of course, I want/need to have SOME clothing for the baby before he/she is born, and I'd like the nursery to be put together before the baby comes home too. (I am guessing that I won't be up for a lot of shopping right after the baby is actually born). So now Bob and I are second guessing ourselves, and we're considering finding out the gender on Wednesday; not only for decorating reasons, but so we can be prepared. Also, it is rather exciting too! I don't know what we'll do though, because we can't seem to decide. Any suggestions for how we can make this decision?

7 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    I understand your dilemma must be very difficult. I've often wondered what I will do, when the time comes. It would be so much fun to wait and see, but for practical reasons it may be better if you do know so you are prepared. Of course this is a decision only you and Bob can make, so good luck :) And let us know if you do find out!!!

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    wow what a hard decision, I don't know what I would do so I don't have any advice, plus as Abby said only you and Bob can make the decision!

     
  • At 1:13 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    Tough decision! I'm sure your make the right choice though. You def look pregnant now!!

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger abby said...

    You look wonderful by the way!! I think that you show buy clothes of all colors. Let's face it - this probably won't be your only child! You could either save the clothes or just return them if he/she turns out to be a she/he. Or you could give them away as gifts since your family seems so fertile as of late!! Also, don't let society tell you what colors are only for what gender. Fight the system!

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger abby said...

    I think you should wait and be surprised about the gender personally (in case that wasn't apparent in my last comment.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Christina said...

    Well, it's ultimately up to you and Bob, but I just thought I'd share a story with you from work. We had a woman this summer who had planned for a little girl because the doctor was certain that was the baby's gender. They decorated the nursery, bought the clothes, etc. Then, when the baby was born, they found out they had a little boy. So, I would opt for the surprise since it could be a surprise anyway, but that's just my opinion. :-)

     
  • At 11:28 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    If you do find out, don't tell anyone. It will be your and Bob's secret, and it will make everyone more excited.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home