Friends and Pregnancy

Bob and I might be making friends in the area where we live! There is a guy from his school that teaches in the 4th grade, and his wife teaches in the elementary - grade 2. They are Jake and Tera. We have went out with them for dinner 3 times now. Last night we went out to eat with them at Olive Garden. Then they invited us back to their house to play Balderdash, which was a lot of fun. They are about 4 years older than us, but we have a lot in common. Tera is also currently pregnant and due in January. They also already have one baby now (Olivia) who is about 10-11 months old. We have a lot to talk about since all of us teach and since Tera and I are both pregnant. Also, Jake and Tera are both nice and talkative anyway. I actually feel like we are dating this couple, which is a little strange, but I don't know how else people make friends. For example, at the end of the night, they walked us to the door to show us out and we talked about how we should get together again sometime. It is just a little odd because we don't really have any other friends in the area and neither do they. So, I guess our relationship is exclusive :)
I've also done some more maternity clothes shopping today. I was really only looking for 2 things; a pair of jeans and a pair of dress pants. Many styles of maternity clothes are still too big, but it is continually getting more and more uncomfortable to squeeze into my regular jeans now. I actually found the best pair of black dress pants ever!!! They have ties on the sides and hidden zippers that you can zip down and the fabric expands as you grow! It is perfect, because they fit now and will fit during each stage as my belly expands! Jeans are a little harder. The full-panel elastic belly is just too big right now, but jeans with an elastic back make one's butt look really baggy and gross. I ended up finding jeans with stretchy stuff on the sides and got those. They make me look a little bunchy and strange on my sides, but they fit....which is better than anything else I've found. I've attached a picture of my expanding figure. Though, I must admit, I really don't look as big as this picture makes me look if I'm in pants and a shirt. I guess the form fitted dress really shows EVERYTHING!

5 Comments:
At 3:51 PM ,
Abby said...
Expandable pants? Those would come in handy around the holidays, maybe I'll get myself a pair!
At 7:29 PM ,
Maria said...
lol..I love how you compared making new friends to dating! It made me laugh. And I'm glad to see this post showed up randomly.
At 4:20 AM ,
Rebekah said...
The picture is great! I think you should take a picture every month to should how your belly grew.
At 3:46 PM ,
Laura said...
I am planning on taking a picture each month. I wish I would have started it right away. I didn't start until the third month, but nothing much changed before then.
At 6:23 AM ,
abby said...
You look fabulous!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home