Laura

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What a difference 4 years makes

I realized today that I am a completely different person now than what I was 4 short years ago. Does anyone remember the super organized Laura of 4 years ago that did her homework at least a week in advance and wrote papers 2-3 weeks ahead of time? Well, I now realize that Laura is long gone!

I am kind of bummed out about my disorganzied self, because it is starting to show negative consequences. For example, I missed my doctor's appointment today for the baby. I completely forgot when my appointment was because I never wrote it down! Also, each class at my school is supposed to give an exam next week for the end of the quarter, and I have yet to write the 3 exams I am giving! In fact, sadly, I don't even have my plans for tomorrow organized. I sort of know what I am doing, but a clear structure is missing. I am also meeting with my principal tomorrow to discuss my goals for the year, and my reaction is "Goals - What goals?!"

So, one question remains....
Where has the organized Laura of 4 years ago gone? And can she ever come back?

Okay, so that was 2 questions.
Does anyone else have this problem? How are others of you staying organized and on top of things?

6 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    Does the principal know you're going to need maternity leave yet? And if so, how did they take it?

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    I do remember the organized Laura of four years ago, and I am sure she is still in there somewhere. Maybe being pregnant makes you disorganized. :) I am still pretty organized, I seem to have a calendar in my head. But I'm not pregnant.

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Jo said...

    when my cousin was pregnant she lost all of her organasational skills completely she couldn't even remember what day of the week it was, so i would definantly put it down to the pregnancy!

     
  • At 9:06 AM , Blogger Suzanna said...

    Laura, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Most days I don't have my whole day planned - just an idea of what's going to happen. We're first year teachers - I think people understand!! On top of that you're pregnant - I can't imagine what that would be like! Don't worry - I'm sure you're more organized than me!!

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    Thank you for the encouragement Suzanna!

     
  • At 7:27 AM , Blogger abby said...

    lol - yup - I remember her! Just pretend like you are job shadowing ME and my rediculous lack of organization and insane procrastination - it will be fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home