Laura

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Break

I am very happy that my break from school has begun! Yesterday (Wednesday) was my first day off, but Bob still had/has school on Wednesday and Thursday.

So, I spent my day Wednesday working on school stuff all day. I read a good portion of "Where the Red Fern Grows," which I will start using with my 7th graders shortly after we return to school. I had read it once before, but since it had been a while, I wanted to read it again. I also got most of my lessons planned for the book for the next 6-7 weeks. So, I really felt like I accomplished a lot! Of course, I'll almost surely have to make adjustments and change a lot of what I've planned, but it will be a good outline.

Today (Thursday) I am planning to read a lot of "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer." I will be using this book with my 8th graders shortly after we return from break. I want to plan most of the lessons for this book today. So, really my day today will be a lot like yesterday, but with a different book.

Then tomorrow morning (Friday) Bob and I are going to my parent's house. We will be celebrating Christmas there Friday night. Saturday evening we'll be with Bob's family. Sunday is his grandma's party, and Monday is the other grandmother's party. This year is actually quite nice because both of my grandma's had their parties early, which means we don't have more than one party to go to on the same day. This will be the first time that has happened since we began dating! Six Christmas parties all on different days is a miracle to me!

After all the parties, I'll be back to schoolwork unfortunately. Three days after I return to school, I have to give my students exams for the 2nd quarter of the year. These exams are supposed to be designed to resemble standardized tests and cover everything I've taught for the 2nd quarter, so they take a while to create. For the 1st quarter, I spent a lot of time making them practically perfect, and my principal commented on how good they were. Now, I feel like I have to live up to that expectation again! Perhaps I should have just done a mediocre job the first time. Oops!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger Abby said...

    That's what you get for being perfect... :)

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    I remember reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" in sixth grade. It made me cry. It sounds like you are a wonderful teacher! Hope being perfect doesn't stres you out too much!

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Suzanna said...

    Once again I understand. I'm hoping to get caught up on schoolwork...hasn't quite happened yet, but I'm still hoping it happens.

     
  • At 11:54 AM , Blogger abby said...

    you over-acheiver you! I hope you get to be absolutely useless someday AND ENJOY IT! I've also read "where the red fern grows". It's good and sad. You should let them watch the movie when they are done. I used to own it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home