Fire
It is so ironic that my last blog was complaining about my toaster. Well, just the other day, I put a poptart down, and forgot about it. I started reading a magazine at the kitchen table. Then, all of a sudden, I heard a funny "torch-like" noise. It was the poptart on fire in the toaster. It was shooting out 5-6 inch flames. Bob was on the phone with his dad in the living room, and I started screaming. (Of course, I was in panic mode). Meanwhile, he nonchalantly walked into the kitchen and unplugged the toaster while still talking to his dad on the phone. Then, I saved the day by putting out the fire with our extinguisher and opening all the windows to let the smoke out.
So, our toaster is officially junk. I guess that gives us a good reason to buy a nicer one that actually works!
So, our toaster is officially junk. I guess that gives us a good reason to buy a nicer one that actually works!

5 Comments:
At 12:32 AM ,
Jo said...
wow, i've always been told to watch out when putting poptarts in toasters but i never believed they could actually catch fire! crazy! so extingushers do come in useful then!
At 12:31 PM ,
abby said...
I like my pop-tarts cold. It sounds like now I have a second reason to like them that way!
At 4:21 PM ,
Abby said...
This was a great story!! Thanks for sharing :) Doesn't it make you mad when men can fix any problem like it's no big deal, while us women are panicking?
At 7:30 PM ,
Maria said...
Wow, how ironic! What a great story!! I told you pop tarts and toasters are trouble! (but I still love my pop tarts toasted)
Hey, you guys remember when I set a napkin on fire freshman year because I was getting a pop tart out of the toaster??
At 4:48 PM ,
Laura said...
Yes, Maria, I remember the toaster incident from freshman year. That is actually one of the first things I thought of when I had my toaster problem.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home