Laura

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Almost

In the evening on Tuesday, my mom called me to let me know that the middle school in my hometown was trying to reach me. They recently had to fire a teacher, and they wanted to know if I would be interested in the job that was now available! My mom told them I would definately be interested, but I already have a job for this school year. They said that I should call them asap anyway.

So, I called Wednesday with high hopes. Unfortunately, my hopes were crushed. The principal was interested in me for this job, but I would have to start right away. Obviously, that will not be happening since I have a job (and a baby on the way). So, I asked him if there was any chance that he would be hiring someone to fill the position temporarily (just for the remainder of the school year). He said "No." He said he understood that I could not break my contract with my school this year, but he needed someone to fill the job right away.

Although I understand he is looking for someone to fill the job immediately (since there is currently a substitute teaching the class), I was still hoping he would want to hire the best person for the job for the long-term life of the position instead of rushing into hiring anybody who could accept a job in February. I am just afraid he will hire the first person that says they can move there rather than really focusing on getting a good-quality teacher.

Regardless, it is still disappointing to know that I was so close to potentially getting a job in my hometown without it working out at all. We really want to move closer to home, especially with the baby being born. Oh, well. I guess there is something else in store for us right now.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:59 AM , Blogger Abby said...

    Laura,
    I'm sorry to hear about that. But I'm sure something else will come up! By the way, have you got the present I sent you?

     
  • At 11:08 AM , Blogger Maria said...

    aw, that's too bad!! but things always end up working out

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home