Ready for the baby to come!!!
Okay, so I am officially completely ready for the baby to come. There was always something I still needed to finish up before he was born, but I am finished now with all of the necessary things. So, I say, "Bring on the baby!"
Perhaps another reason I am so eager is because I have developed an awful and irritating skin rash all over my body that occurs in 1% of women in their 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It is uncontrollable itching. There is no known cause for it, and there is no known cure except to give birth! I've read that it is supposed to go away a few days after birth. It is literally the worst itching I've ever experienced. It started on my belly and has quickly spread to my back, arms, legs, and hands. Regular anti-itching creams do not even help the stuff at all. I even have prescription cream, and it basically does nothing! It is like living in a bed of mosquitos! It is called PUPPPS for short. Check out the websites listed below to learn more if you'd like. And, look at the pictures on the one site...because, yes, I actually look like those pictures, and it is rather unattractive! Luckily, it usually does not spread to a woman's face.
Regardless, I say, "Let the baby be born! Let the PUPPPS vanish!"
For pictures: http://members.optusnet.com.au/westhoff/puppp/Gallery/pages/photo2.htm
For a description: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/9450.html
P.S. To my medically adept friends, let me know if you've heard of this sort of rash and if you know of any secret remedy. With still 2 weeks and 5 days left, I am bound to become quite desperate!
Perhaps another reason I am so eager is because I have developed an awful and irritating skin rash all over my body that occurs in 1% of women in their 3rd trimester of pregnancy. It is uncontrollable itching. There is no known cause for it, and there is no known cure except to give birth! I've read that it is supposed to go away a few days after birth. It is literally the worst itching I've ever experienced. It started on my belly and has quickly spread to my back, arms, legs, and hands. Regular anti-itching creams do not even help the stuff at all. I even have prescription cream, and it basically does nothing! It is like living in a bed of mosquitos! It is called PUPPPS for short. Check out the websites listed below to learn more if you'd like. And, look at the pictures on the one site...because, yes, I actually look like those pictures, and it is rather unattractive! Luckily, it usually does not spread to a woman's face.
Regardless, I say, "Let the baby be born! Let the PUPPPS vanish!"
For pictures: http://members.optusnet.com.au/westhoff/puppp/Gallery/pages/photo2.htm
For a description: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/prenatalhealth/9450.html
P.S. To my medically adept friends, let me know if you've heard of this sort of rash and if you know of any secret remedy. With still 2 weeks and 5 days left, I am bound to become quite desperate!

8 Comments:
At 3:05 PM ,
Abby said...
Laura,
I am sorry to hear about your rash, I'm sure that is very unpleasant. Unfortunately, I have never heard of it and have no secret remedy, sorry!! By the way, is there any plan in place on how your wonderful friends will be informed of the new baby's arrival? Do we need a phone chain or something? LOL
At 6:59 PM ,
Maria said...
Oh my goodness that does not sound fun. I hate being itchy. But it will be all worth it once you have your baby! I hope you have it soon for your sake!
At 10:28 PM ,
Rebekah said...
I live in mosquito land, so I can imagine this rash must be miserable.
At 6:21 PM ,
abby said...
awww! I haven't heard of it either. I'll check up on it though. I'm so excited for you!! You can do it!! (I've set your blog as my homepage so that I won't be last to know again!)
At 6:36 PM ,
abby said...
I went to the website - do you know which cause of PUPPPS you have out of the few they mentioned? I'm sorry I don't know any remedies, but please don't take steroids. Think of Job - you can handle it. I love you!!!
At 11:25 PM ,
Laura said...
The doctor basically said the reason I have this awful, awful, awful, awful, terrible, rash is because of some hormonal thing. He said it is kind of like I am allergic to my own baby. Isn't that nice?
Okay, NO, it isn't. It is 2:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep because I itch!
At 4:05 PM ,
abby said...
yikes!!
At 4:50 PM ,
Suzanna said...
So sorry about the rash! How exciting, though, that it's almost time!! I'll be excited to see pictures!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home