Laura

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Progress?


I told you that Trevor had gotten attacked by the big, bad, ugly, acid reflux monster. Well, his medication seems to be helping quite a bit, but it is still something he is struggling with for right now. (Translation - some days he still cries, a LOT). Most days he has been pretty content though.

The other thing, which I don't think I mentioned, is that the pediatrician said he could be lactose sensitive also. Therefore, since I am nursing him, I was supposed to stop eating ALL dairy products. This includes butter, cheese, cream soups, ect... I've went almost 2 weeks now without dairy, and I have to say that it is very hard! I never realized how much stuff has dairy in it! Oh, and I am supposed to avoid acid foods and foods with garlic and spices also. With this whole combination, I am pretty much left eating plain chicken, plain hamburgers, jello, and water or gatorade. So, yeah, I am considering switching to formula sometime in the near future.

The picture is of Trevor yesterday, May 3rd. I think he was learning what his fist was for the first time, and he was enjoying it!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Maria said...

    what an adorable picture! And I think switching to formula might be a good idea for you. Poor little Trevor!

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    It sounds like you need a pediatric dietitian! I know a few I could recommend LOL

     
  • At 10:45 AM , Blogger Abby said...

    Laura, I just had to tell you, I had a dream that you were pregnant again already!! LOL

     
  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Abby - that is not funny!

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Jo said...

    I'm thinking that abby should stop dreaming... what with dreaming i'm getting married and lauras having another baby!!!

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger abby said...

    Did you give any more thought to chiropractic for him? I hope he feels better soon!

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    Abby Mo - We decided to give the medicine a try first, and if the medicine didn't help and he didn't out grow this, then we'll consider another option. The doctor said that most babies outgrow it by at least a year of age. I did appreciate your advice, and although it makes sense, it still scares me to take my baby to a chiropractor at this point.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home