House
We are getting a house! Bob and I will be buying a house in his hometown, which is where he will be teaching. We are so excited. It is in town. It is brick, and it has a pretty large back yard with 4 large pine trees. The lot is actually a double lot because the back yard is larger, so that gives us more room. Bob's grandpa actually built the house back around 1960 or so. (For those that didn't know, Bob's grandpa, father, and his uncles own a construction business. Though his granpa has since passed away). We think it is quite exciting to live in a house his grandpa built!
The house is one story with a full basement, and it has quite a bit of room. It has 2 really large living rooms, 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and the basement. It is decorated in a very old-fashioned style though. The lady that lived there is in the nursing home, and she is very old. There is bright red carpet with mint green walls in one of the living rooms. And there is bright pink tile on the kitchen walls with dark brown flowered wallpaper. It is quite hideous! So, we'll be recarpeting, painting, and other things as we have the money to do so. We'll have to just start with simple improvements at first, but it will be better than renting! And, we'll be living MUCH closer to our families, which will be quite a great blessing (especially since Trevor is with us now).
The house is one story with a full basement, and it has quite a bit of room. It has 2 really large living rooms, 3 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and the basement. It is decorated in a very old-fashioned style though. The lady that lived there is in the nursing home, and she is very old. There is bright red carpet with mint green walls in one of the living rooms. And there is bright pink tile on the kitchen walls with dark brown flowered wallpaper. It is quite hideous! So, we'll be recarpeting, painting, and other things as we have the money to do so. We'll have to just start with simple improvements at first, but it will be better than renting! And, we'll be living MUCH closer to our families, which will be quite a great blessing (especially since Trevor is with us now).

2 Comments:
At 12:27 PM ,
Abby said...
Oh I am soooo jealous. Derek and I love where we are now, but it's hard to be away from family...I would love to move to my hometown again...maybe someday :) Congratulations, I'm sure buying a house is very exciting! Good luck on the renovations.
At 9:17 AM ,
abby said...
That is soooo exciting! I'm so happy for you! Maybe I can come see the place when I'm home for break!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home