I am not a loser

YEAH! I got a new job! I will be teaching 4th grade at a school only 20 minutes from where we just bought a house. That will be so much better than if I would have had to drive almost an hour! So, Bob and I are both going to be teaching 4th grade starting in August, and our schools are only 20 minutes away.
It is really going to be a huge change, but I think I will enjoy it. This past year I taught 7th and 8th grade Language Arts. At my new job I will teach all of the subjects (Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies) to 4th graders. So, I will have the same students all day long, which will be interesting. I think it will be quite a challenge to make such a drastic change, but the location will be so much better. And, I think 4th graders will be nicer because they are still cute and sweet (at least some of them, I think).
So, I am really excited to change jobs, but it will be kind of sad too. I have to resign from my old job, which means I'll never see my old students again. I think that is going to be the hardest part, because if I stayed, I was going to be teaching 7th and 9th grade next year, so I would have had some of my same students that I had last year. I'm really going to miss them, because they are great kids! That will probably be the hardest part about teaching for me. Even when I keep a job, I'll still always be saying goodbye to students that I've really grown to enjoy. Anyway, I need to figure out a way to tell my principal. He knew I was looking for a new job, but I still think it will be hard for me to know how to tell him that I've found one.
In the meantime, I have a lot to prepare for! We will be moving into our house within 3-4 weeks, I need to clean out my old classroom, I need to plan for my new job, and I actually need to take 2 social studies classes (through correspondence) to be fully qualified for my new job. Who knew that July would be such an exciting month?

8 Comments:
At 1:20 PM ,
Jo said...
congratulations, its all so exciting.. i can't believe you guys can buy houses so quickly it took us 3 months, Trevor will have an exciting month or so with the all new surroundings!
At 1:22 PM ,
Jo said...
i bet your 3 bed house cost the same as my 1 bed apartment!!
At 6:48 PM ,
Abby said...
That is so exciting, Laura! I am so happy you got the job you wanted. And now you won't have to drive so far which is wonderful as well!
At 7:35 PM ,
Abby said...
Jo-that is the perfect reason for you and Danny to move to the U.S. You can move in with Derek and I, we have 4 extra bedrooms to spare!
At 10:04 PM ,
Maria said...
I am so glad you are not a loser! I love how everything just seems to work out for you and Bob! Good luck with the move. Your new house sounds great! I think it's awesome that it was built by Bob's grandpa. And I can understand how it would be hard to tell your principal about the new job, but it's for the best.
At 9:19 AM ,
abby said...
Wow!! That is awesome! You two must have some pretty potent prayers over there! I'm so excited for you 3!
At 1:49 PM ,
Laura said...
We have definately been blessed beyond belief!
At 8:05 PM ,
Rebekah said...
You should take pictures of your students so that you always remember them. Congratulations with all the new excitement!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home