Laura

Saturday, June 25, 2005

TEACH IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!!

I find it amazing that schools in Ohio almost laugh when someone calls to ask about potential job openings, but schools in North Carolina practically beg people to come to their state to teach!
For example - Most schools in NC offer moving bonuses and a hefty pay increase for teaching math or science. Hmm...
Therefore, Bob and I are visiting NC this coming week, and I might come back with a job there. Wouldn't that be fun? I might end up in the city...we are checking out Raleigh and Fayetteville. I guess all of Abby S's stories of Peoria really made me think moving would be fun!

ABBY MONNIN = I would go to Oregon! What have you got to lose?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM , Blogger Christina said...

    Laura,
    I know it's hard, but don't lose hope. My sister is concerned too because David can't find a job either and so he's thinking about moving to North Carolina. Maybe you could teach at the same school :-)

     
  • At 12:25 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    Wow Laura, you suprised me! I never would have guessed you would think of moving away. I say go for it-I need a vacations and I really like NC :)
    Good luck!

     
  • At 6:28 PM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    This is incredible. When I come back I can have a tour of the entire U.S. by just visiting my friends!

     
  • At 8:15 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    Wow..North Carolina..Another place to visit! Sounds good to me. Please keep updating us on the job search and good luck!

     
  • At 9:57 PM , Blogger abby said...

    That is awesome!! although Piqua would miss Mr. Heitkamp dearly I'm sure, that would be awesome!! It would be like a perpetual honeymoon in a warmer climate. I vote: Go for it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home