6 days to go
Well, I will officially start teaching 7th and 8th graders in six days. I am really excited, but somewhat nervous at the same time. I have been in my classroom getting things prepared A LOT lately. I finally think today I have finished setting things up so my room looks very inviting and educational. Yesterday, I met my mentor for the first time and we had lunch at Friendly's. It was very nice, and she was very friendly and helpful (and a little motherly, which was cute when she told me, "It dosen't seem that you ate very much.") Oh, in case you don't know, all first-year teachers have a "mentor" teacher who helps them become familiar with the school and supports them in whatever they need. It is really a great idea, because she gets paid a stipend just to help me! I feel very fortunate to have been matched with someone so willing to help, and she is very smart!
The rest of this week is filled with meetings and Junior High Orientation night for the students on Thursday. I am very eager to meet them and to see if they are shorter than me or not. More meetings will follow on Monday, and shcool starts Tuesday! Now, I just have to figure out what to do on the first day when they all arrive.
The rest of this week is filled with meetings and Junior High Orientation night for the students on Thursday. I am very eager to meet them and to see if they are shorter than me or not. More meetings will follow on Monday, and shcool starts Tuesday! Now, I just have to figure out what to do on the first day when they all arrive.

3 Comments:
At 2:18 PM ,
Abby said...
For being a teacher, you sure did have a lot of spelling errors in that blog entry. You're not teaching English are you?!?
At 8:41 PM ,
Maria said...
I am glad you have enjoyed my written communication skills. I loved the teacherish comment you left. Good luck with everything!
At 4:37 PM ,
Laura said...
Umm...yes, English is the subject I'm teaching. I guess I wrote in quite a hurry. Oops!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home