School Preparation
I've started preparing my classroom for the year! I am pretty excited to get started, though there is a lot of stuff I still need to find out about the school and how they do different things. I also need to get my textbooks, which are currently in another teacher's room that is locked. I called her to see if I can get them, so I hope to be able to soon. Everyone I've met so far seems really nice, though I don't really remember very many peoples' names. That job will be even more challenging when the students come. I went in today to do some decorating, and I am pretty proud of my bulletin board color schemes and boarder coordination I have going on. The teacher I'm replacing left a lot of stuff in the room though. Some of it may be helpful, but other stuff will need thrown out. I have a lot to sort through, most of which I hope to get through between the hours of 8am and 6pm tomorrow. (I'm afraid it actually might take that long:(
We've decided that we like our church that we've started going to, so we plan to continue to go to that one. It is really a relief because it was challenging at our last apartment to find a church that we liked. I hope the one we are going to has some activities going on. We still haven't met people here. Though, I did SEE one of my neighbors today (which was a first), and we both waved and shouted "Hello!" So, I'm counting this as progress.
We've decided that we like our church that we've started going to, so we plan to continue to go to that one. It is really a relief because it was challenging at our last apartment to find a church that we liked. I hope the one we are going to has some activities going on. We still haven't met people here. Though, I did SEE one of my neighbors today (which was a first), and we both waved and shouted "Hello!" So, I'm counting this as progress.

4 Comments:
At 10:44 AM ,
Maria said...
There are three soon to be sixth graders in my house right now and they are driving me crazy! But I'm sure you will be able to handle a class full of seventh and eigth graders. :) Sounds like your classroom is coming along..good luck with everything! And I'm glad you found a church you like and that you said hi to one of your neighbors!
At 3:17 AM ,
Rebekah said...
In my language class they asked me what my friend's job is and I said teacher!
At 2:44 PM ,
Abby said...
What about a dietitian?
At 9:06 AM ,
Suzanna said...
Good luck with all the prep stuff...I will be starting all that this next week - kind of scary, but kind of exciting!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home