Laura

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The challenge of meeting new people

How does one make new aquaintances after moving to a new town? I am interested to hear suggestions, because, so far, Bob and I have met 1 distinguished lady who is not our age at all. We want to meet the people in the apartments near ours, but how do we accomplish this task? I thought of throwing a party and inviting people over, but what type of party could it be? What reason is there to celebrate? There are no holidays coming up soon.

AbbyS - Have you met people in your new apartment building? If so, HOW???

6 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM , Blogger Suzanna said...

    I'm afraid of this same thing!! Thankfully I think the Mennonite church in Seattle has a pretty large group of 20-somethings. Throwing a party sounds like fun...maybe you could play card games or something - I think games are always a good way to meet people because then you easily have something to talk about, but if you feel shy you don't have to talk because you're playing the game.

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    You could do what a couple in our apartment did to us-they left us a note by their door with their phone number letting us know they wanted to go to dinner sometime.

     
  • At 2:49 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    You could join a gym or some other community organization.

     
  • At 4:55 AM , Blogger Abby said...

    Who's Verena?

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger abby said...

    You could always do yoga in your yard - that might draw a crowd (at least from the guy with the red car in the corner place! ;) )

     
  • At 7:12 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Verena is my friend from Germany. She visited Bluffton once. She was an exchange student with my high school.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home