Laura

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ultra Sound Reveals Twins

...on some women. But luckily not on me! I had my 2nd ultra sound yesterday. Everything looks good, and there is only 1 baby. That is always a relief to see. Granted, twins would be fun and adorable, but they would also be alot more work.

I am almost 18 weeks pregnant (a full-term pregnancy is about 40 weeks). So, I am almost halfway there! That puts me at the beginning of my 5th month of pregnancy --almost. So, I am definately starting to look pregnant. I started wearing maternity clothes last week full time.

We had the choice of finding out the gender of the baby yesterday during the ultra sound, but we decided to wait until he/she is born instead. We found out early with Trevor, which I was glad for so that we could be prepared for our 1st child. However, I think we can handle waiting this time. It increases the excitement...and the need to think of twice as many names! We did see our baby yesterday on the computer monitor. He/she is very adorable and very active! The baby did not stop moving and turning the whole time. The lady had a hard time getting him/her to stay still long enough to measure his/her head. Therefore, I assume the baby will spend his/her whole life in motion (much like Trevor always has).

My favorite part of seeing our baby was when we saw him/her playing with his/her foot. It was so cute to see the baby grasping his/her foot and moving his/her fingers. The baby also has a beautiful heart, lungs, and kidneys! We could actually see the heart beating, which was really neat!

So, I guess our job now is to come up with names and figure out how to get Trevor to understand what "Mommy's going to have a baby" means.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM , Blogger Laura said...

    Oh...the baby is due on November 25th.

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    LAURA, THAT WAS A MEAN TRICK! HOW DARE YOU?!? Oh and congrats again! I can't wait to meet him/her.

     
  • At 11:29 AM , Blogger Maria said...

    ha ha, that was a mean trick!! Congrats again.

     
  • At 7:30 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

    ahhh! I can't believe you waited so long to tell us! Babies are the most amazing things.

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Laura said...

    I did consider waiting to share the exciting news until AFTER the baby was born, just to add excitement. However, I don't think I could ever do that to you guys.

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Cruel. I even was warned and it still scared me to read! I can't wait to see the new one! Hopefully she/he can attend our Christmas/welcome home Reba party!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home