Christmas 2008





Friday, December 19th:
-Aubrie was coughing horribly. She went to the doctor, but they did nothing. Trevor & I got the flu.
Saturday, December 20th:
-Trevor & Aubrie were both coughing horribly and running fevers of around 102-104 degrees. They went to urgent care and got medicine (which ended up not working). Bob got the flu.
Sunday, December 21st:
-We all felt horrible, and missed our first family Christmas party.
Monday, December 22nd:
-Another trip to the doctor... We found out Trevor & Aubrie had croup. They got shots and medicine. Trevor said, "Doctor hurt me!" And he was very upset with the doctor. By then, I also had a sinus infection.
Tuesday, December 23rd - Thursday, December 25th:
-Everyone feeling a little better. We attended several Christmas parties.
Friday, December 26th:
-Bob has laryngitis. We go to another Christmas party this evening, and our last family party is tomorrow!
We're hoping for a healthy New Year's!
A little update:
I am halfway finished with my master's degree. I am taking 2 more classes starting in January, and I'll take my final 3 classes over the summer. I'll be finished by the end of the summer - YEAH! I am still teaching 4th grade also, and that is going really well. My students are great, and I am starting to feel like I almost know what I am doing in my job since this is my 3rd year in the same position. My brother has also started dating someone new since his divorce over 1.5 years ago. She seems very nice, and they really seem to click. Bob and I are debating when we should take the plunge and buy a minivan. Our little family fits quite snugly in our car with the diaper bag and toys and everything else we always seem to drag everywhere we go. However, we really can still fit in our car just fine until our family grows, which is not happening in the next 9 months. So, we're okay.
Trevor & Aubrie are doing well. Trevor is 2.5 years old. Aubrie is 1 year and 2 months now. Trevor is still not potty trained, but we are making some progress. He has learned a lot though. He knows several songs, including his ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Row Row Row Your Boat. I really enjoy it when he asks me to sing with him. His little voice is so cute :) He can also identify all of his letters and count to 10, and he loves to color. Of course, he also loves Barney and any kind of toy that has wheels! Aubrie has learned to walk. She is also trying to become more independent. She wants to have her own plate and spoon at mealtimes and try to feed herself now. As you can imagine, this creates quite a mess. Also, her and Trevor are slowly learning to share. They each forget sometimes though and snatch a toy away from the other one. However, both kids are good at standing up for themselves. Whoever got the toy taken from them usually ends up pushing or screaming at the other one. So, we've enacted the "naughty spot" from Jo Frost's SuperNanny T.V. show. It is very effective!
I hope your Christmas was fantastic! Enjoy the pictures of ours!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home