Laura

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Growth



I have 7 1/2 weeks left until the baby is due. Obviously, I am bigger now than what I was when I was not pregnant. However, does that give people the right to make comments about my size? Last week, when I went to the doctor, the receptionist looked at me and said, "Oh, you look like the time is pretty close! How much longer?" I told her 2 months yet, and she said, "Oh, really?" YES REALLY!!! Then, on my way out of the doctor's office, another pregnant woman stopped me and said, "Oh wow! When are you due?" I told her Novebmer 25th, and her eyes got big as she said, "Oh wow!" again. I don't believe these comments are necessary. I have gained 25 pounds so far. I gained at least 35 pounds with Trevor, and I did not look like a whale after he was born. So, I think I'll be fine and people do not need to be concerned.


Additionally, school has been more of a challenge this year. Last year, I had a class of 17 perfect little angels. This year, I have 17 of something else. They are nice enough kids, but it is just different.


My brother's wife continuously refused to seek martial counseling or to work on their relationship, and now they are officially divorced. It is still hard not to hate her for how miserable she has been making him and for how poorly she treats their children.


Trevor has enjoyed playing with other kids at the babysitter's house. However, he and the other boy that is close to his same age sometimes fight. Trevor is not usually innocent. He pulls hair and bites sometimes, so we are working on that challenge.


The baby's room is close to being ready. Bob and I have pulled up a lot of baby clothes and things from the basement, and we've been busy washing and folding everything. Also, I think we finally have our names picked out for the baby! I was afraid he/she would be nameless for a few days otherwise.


Bob is good. He has started classes for his master's degree, which keeps him a little busier. However, he decided not to coach baseball this year, because he wants to spend time at home with our little family. I think he really missed seeing Trevor during baseball season last year.


Anyway, I've attached a picture of Trevor and me reading together in his room. We often sit in this chair together and read books. I think it is funny, because he always has one arm rested on my belly now. And, he has learned to say "baby." However, he points to everyone's stomach and says baby.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Abby said...

    Laura, I wouldn't worry about what people say. I too am struggling with things like that already because I've gained a lot more weight by this point than I should have, my belly is huge! Someone asked how far along I am and I told them "20 weeks" and they laughed. Or they'll say "Are you sure there aren't two babies in there..."

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger Maria said...

    Good to hear from you again. You and Trevor look adorable.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home