Sara's Wedding & Camping





Bob's sister, Sara, got married a few weeks ago. The wedding was absolutely lovely. Trevor did pretty well and even enjoyed doing the Hokey-Pokey at the reception!
The next weekend, we went camping with Bob's family. This was Trevor's first camping experience. We were planning on Bob, myself, and Trevor sleeping in our tent. We even brought a little portable baby bed for Trevor to sleep in so he would be safe and comfortable.
Now, we've always known that Trevor LOVES to be outside. However, he loved camping a little too much that he just didn't want to sleep at all! On Friday night, we could not get him to sleep until 12:30 in the morning (so, actually it was Saturday). Then, Bob and I woke up to the sound of Trevor giggling at 4:30 A.M. on Saturday morning. When I looked up at him, he was laughing and clapping his hands. I guess he was cheering that he was still outside. Needless to say, we could do nothing to get him to go back to sleep. So, we put him in the stroller and walked around the campground. I found out that the restrooms got cleaned at 5:00 A.M.
Then, out of boredom, we drove to the nearest town and ate at McDonald's for breakfast. On the drive back to the campground, Trevor fell asleep. So, upon returning to the campground, Bob, Trevor and I slept in the car in the parking lot for another hour. We must have looked homeless.
Trevor was wide awake the rest of the day. He enjoyed some hiking, swimming and playing outdoors. We decided not to stay a second night, which we had originally planned to do.

4 Comments:
At 8:06 PM ,
Maria said...
cute dress! And cute Trevor as always. Sounds like a fun camping experience :)
At 4:25 AM ,
Rebekah said...
You look beautiful! My parents and I had a similar camping experience when I was about Trevor's age. I screamed all night, and then my parents never took me camping again. It's only at the age of 23 that I started to appreciate the wonders of camping, and I wish they would have taken me again. So don't give up!
At 5:54 AM ,
Abby said...
It sounds like an experience that you will talk about for years to come.
At 9:34 AM ,
abby said...
That is hilarious!! Where did you go camping? Sara looks beautiful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home